Visa Requirements

  • After your approval by the screening committee we will send you letters from our school to use in your visa application. You will need all of the documents listed below in order to obtain your visa and work permit which will allow you to live in Thailand and serve at CRICS. If you do not have these documents, you may want to begin gathering them now as some will take time to gather. All documents can be scanned and emailed to [email protected]. Please bring originals with you.You will need to submit:
    • Foreign Teacher Information Form (for teachers coming on Type B visa)
      – OR –
      Volunteer Information Form (for non-teaching volunteers coming on Type O visa)
    • Passports for every family member (valid for at least six months after your arrival date)
    • Birth Certificates for your children (embossed original from states of birth)
    • Marriage License (original from county of record)
    • Your College Diploma (original from your university)*
    • Any Post-graduate diplomas
    • Teaching Credential or License
    • University transcripts pertaining to all work completed for above degrees (official transcripts from school will be required; you will make photo copies to send ahead)
    • Needed at the end of your second year teaching if you are returning to teach for a third year: an official transcript with the original university/college seal or stamp bearing the signature of the registrar in a sealed envelope. It is void if the envelope is opened. Please request the transcript that has your education degree listed; if you don’t have an education degree request the transcript for the highest degree earned.

    *If any submitted documents are in a foreign language besides English, the document must be translated into English. Translation must be certified by a competent translator and notarized.

    **The cost of the visa is the responsibility of the volunteer. Click here to review the cost of visas. CRICS will pay the cost of the work permit. The human resource office at CRICS will help you get your work permit after your arrival in Thailand.

    ***There may be additional requirements after you arrive in Thailand in order for you to get the appropriate visa and work permit.  Human resource personnel at CRICS works hard to stay informed of rules in Thailand and will inform you of what needs to be done.  This may include having a simple health check done by a Thai doctor.  If a spouse or children come on your visa you may also need to go to an embassy in Chiang Mai,Thailand for the embassy to verify that they are your dependents.